I wanted to do an 'End of year meme' or 'This year meme' (I think it's called) that I've seen on others journals. Get something like this done before the year is over. :) Though looking at the questions, I think I might have to "*Pass* / Don't know" a few of them, maybe fill them in later.
1. What did you do in 2004 that you'd never done before?
Live Journal :) and I did Jury Service.
2. Did you keep your new years' resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
Didn't make any, don't usually have much resolve.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
I knew some friends / acquaintances that had some babies.
4. Did anyone close to you die?
5. What countries did you visit?
None. Didn't leave the city, let alone country.
6. What would you like to have in 2005 that you lacked in 2004?
More good and nice things in general. More specifically stuff like more money, great job, more offline friends, more free time.
7. What date from 2004 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
*Pass* I don't think there was any significant dates that would be etched in my mind. Some dates of note though.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Maybe starting to write poetry that others read. Not much else I can think of.
9. What was your biggest failure?
Not sure. That I didn't get things done, or work toward goals or dreams.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
No, just the usual colds, cuts, bruises and sprains.
11. What was the best thing you bought?
Umm, a DVD player?
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
Everyone who did something good or great, achieved something worth congratulations. Yay, way to go you all. :)
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
All those scuzzy asshats (and other derogatory terms), who caused no end of sadness, anger and ill feeling.
14. Where did most of your money go?
Mostly went to stuff and junk. Usual bills and food, and things needed and not needed.
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Nothing that excited about. Just excited about Half Life 2, but that seems shallow.
16. What song will always remind you of 2004?
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
i. happier or sadder? About the same happy average. Happier in some things, sadder in others.
ii. thinner or fatter?
iii. richer or poorer? About the same poor financial level I think. Should say richer in friends though.
18. What do you wish you'd done more of?
Make more friends, do more nice things, have more fun, think more. Make more money than I spent so have more savings.
19. What do you wish you'd done less of?
Spend too much, procrastinate, waste time instead of working toward something.
20. How will you be spending Christmas?
At home with family. Almost like any other holiday.
21. How will you be spending New Year's Eve?
Similar to Christmas, at home with family.
22. Did you fall in love in 2004?
23. How many one-night stands?
24. What was your favorite TV program?
Can't think of anything new as favourite, so probably Stargate SG-1.
25. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?
Only new asshats. Anyone I liked before I probably still like.
26. What was your greatest musical discovery?
27. What was the best book you read?
Didn't read that many books that I would consider one to be the best.
28. What did you want and get?
Attention :) Half Life 2, DVD player I guess.
30. What was your favorite film of this year?
I liked The Incredibles. Can't recall what other films I've seen this year. Haven't seen Return of the King yet. (I know! :)
31. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
Not much, the usual. Older, though not necessarily wiser.
32. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Maybe more love, peace and understanding. (And lots more money. :)
33. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2004?
Fashion is not in my vocabulary. I have no fashion sense, so maybe that comes under 'Ugh as in Ugly' as a fashion concept.
34. What kept you sane?
Who says I'm sane? Don't know, maybe happy stuff.
35. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
Not sure. All the hot ladies.
36. What political issue stirred you the most?
Politics is not something I care about so much. Because it stirs up a lot of people.
37. Who did you miss?
Family and friends who are away. Silly answer would be : I've been practicing, so managed to hit everyone I aimed for.
38. Who was the best new person you met?
I'm going to suck up and say those on my flist and LJ. Don't think I made any off line friends this year.
39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2004:
There are probably life lessons from before that I haven't learnt yet, that I have been told of previously.
40. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year:
This doesn't sum up my year, but I like these lyrics :
Feel the rain on your skin
no one else can feel it for you
only you can let it in
no one else, no one else
can speak the words on your lips
drench yourself in words unspoken
live your life with arms wide open
today is where your book begins
the rest is still unwritten